Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Nicki Minaj Viva Glam



As soon as I saw the Nicki for MAC Viva Glam ad, I knew I had to recreate a look.  Nicki's makeup is so fun and I just thought she was gorgeous! So keep reading if you want to see how to create my take on this colorful look!

                                              

Products I Used:

Eyes:
MAC Soft Ochre paint pot
MAC Shroom shadow
MAC Omega shadow
e.l.f. Studio 144-piece ultimate eyeshadow palette
NYX Slide on eye pencil in Azure
MAC Penultimate liquid liner
Wet n' Wild white eyeliner
e.l.f. Natural lashes

Face:
MAC Studio Fluid Fix foundatin in NC20
Make Up For Ever Concealer Palette in No. 1
Diorskin Forever Invisible Retouch Powder
MAC Raizin blush

Lips:
MAC Stripdown liner
MAC Viva Glam Gaga
NYX Jupiter





How To Get This Look! 

 

1.) Place MAC Soft Ocre paint pot all over the lids as a base to prevent creasing
2.) Apply the #1 green shadow from the palette all over the lid (from lash line to slightly above crease)
3.) Lightly blend the #2 shadow into the crease, then again with the #3 shadow to lighten up the green
4.) Then very lightly blend Omega or any light brown just above all of the green color
5.) Highlight under the brown and in corners of the eye with MAC's Shroom
6.) Line under the eyes with the white eyeliner to create a base for the blue color, extending the liner out past the outer corner of the eye to create a wing
7.) Use the NYX pencil in Azure to line the inner rims of eyes as well as the lash line
8.) Then go over all of the bottom liner with the #4 shadow, and again (lightly) with the #5 to smudge it out a bit
9.) Use the liquid liner to create a winged out liner on top and add false lashes if you want (I cut my lashes in half and just used them on the outter part of the eye)
10.) Then do your face makeup (foundation, concealer, bronzer/blush, etc..)
11.) For the lips, I haven't purchased the Nicki lipstick yet (which I will very soon :) and I wanted to go for a more subtle look so I lined my lips with the Stripdown liner and added Viva Glam Gaga over it and dabbed on Jupiter by NYX!


I Hope You Enjoyed :)

5 comments:

  1. I see you just started your blog so, Welcome to the blogging world! I look forward to more posts :)

    Great job recreating this! Looks awesome :)

    www.mirandasmakeupandmore.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Miranda! I appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow i like your Make-Up! The colours are awesome and matches perfectly together! You look great with it!

    Hope you visit me on my Blog
    fashionobsession-mieni.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the take on the N.Minaj look! Great job girly



    theMANEtopic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you did a great job on this! I love the pose you do, very Nicki esq, haha! I like your blog and can't wait for it grow and see more of it (:

    ReplyDelete